So I missed a week, but I had good reason, as I will explain below. If you decide to participate, link to your blog in the comments section below.
This week (past two weeks), my favorite things include:
- Interacting with some amazing professionals at the Novak Institute for Hazing Prevention. I have recommitted myself to this cause, and think it is more important than ever to focus on for our students. If you work with students, and you would like to learn about how to change a culture of hazing on your campus, start saving money now for next year’s institute.
- The Novak Institute Interns – LA Wallace (@LA_Wallace3) and Becky Davidson (Not on Twitter, yet). These are two great professionals that I had the fortune of working with last week. As soon as they come on the job market, snatch them up quickly.
- My fiance coming to town tonight and staying for over two weeks. This long distance thing sucks.
- Starting the process of registering for our wedding tomorrow. I am kind of excited to use the pricing gun when it comes up to that.
- Having an exact date and place for our wedding. Also, getting married on my parent’s 28th Wedding Anniversary (October 27, 2012).
- Being initiated as an Entered Apprentice Freemason last week. I am very fortunate and thankful to be a part of this brotherhood and have enjoyed meeting all of the brothers so far.
- No travel delays on my way to and from the Novak Institute
- @tbump getting me connected with the Yell Leaders at Texas A&M to work with them on social media and branding.
- Making the decision to start advising a Greek Organization on campus. Still waiting to figure out which one, but I am glad to be working with young Greek leaders again.
- Running for more than a mile without stopping for the first time since High School. Who knew that dropping a few pounds could make so much of a difference.
- Staying on my diet (for the most part) while at the institute. And starting back full strength this week.
- Putting my grill together, which will help my wallet get fat and my belly get thin.
- Seeing @SA_Raul tweet from the @NASPA_RegionIII Summer Symposium. Another good example of a Seminole turned/turning Aggie.
That is it for this week. Again, if you would like to participate, link to your blog in the comments below.
Do you Tweet? Follow me on Twitter @TomLFritz